21 October, 2021
Community Employment at Dún na Sí
There are many community employment (CE) opportunities available in Dún na Sí and the Moate area! Dún na Sí owes a lot of its CE workers for helping to maintain the Parks and centre!
The benefits of community employment include:
- You get to work in your local community
- Class “A” weekly PRSI contributions
- CE is temporary, part time employment, just 19.5hrs per week
- It is possible to pursue third level or vocational degrees
- Training is provided: Manual handling, health and safety, first aid etc
- It is a stepping stone to employment
- Participants can take up other part time work during the CE placement
For more information on the community employment programme, watch the video here.